Saturday, November 19, 2011

Leadership 2012: Coming Attractions

With the Saskatchewan election over and a personal move soon to be completed, I'll be covering the NDP's leadership race in much more detail in the very near future. And based on the pace of coverage even in the early stages of the campaign, I won't pretend to be able to catch and comment on every article or column addressing the race.

But I'll give some advance notice of a couple of features which are coming soon.

First, while acknowledging that there's always some danger in discussing politics as a sport rather than a matter of democratic governance, I'll plan to unveil my own purely subjective leadership rankings - not as a matter of endorsement, but of tracking who appears to have the most plausible path to the leadership at any given point in the campaign.

Second, I'll expand on my previous summaries with detailed (and regularly updated) candidate profiles.

On both fronts, I'm highly interested to see what campaigns are up to at any given time. Again, I won't be able to comment on all events as they arise, but I'm well aware that the key goal for every candidate at this point will be to reach and convince the NDP's actual and potential membership. So please feel free to send updates to the e-mail to the right, and I'll take into account what I see from each campaign in discussing the race as it evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment